Thursday, July 5, 2012

Honey Bunches of Oatmeal

Totally a cheesy name, I know, but Honey Bunches of Oats has always been one of my favorite cereals and it has taken me a long time to make a habit of eating oatmeal regularly (it's so much better for me than the boxed cereal, and keeps our bellies full a lot longer too). So I created my own version of the cereal using oatmeal and named it this to remind me:).

Ingredients:

  • Bowl of oatmeal (cook with water or milk)
  • 1 T coconut oil
  • 1 T raw honey
  • Dash of cinnamon
  • Good handful of slivered almonds (I like lots of crunch - not a mushy oatmeal fan at all)

Mix together and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Nicci, I tried this for breakfast this morning and loved it. I'm definitely going to try some more of your recipes, they all look so good!

    ReplyDelete