Thursday, July 26, 2012

Simple Pasta

Another quick, simple, yummy, dinner that I can change up according to what I have on hand. If I am using up leftover ingredients (like the chicken, veggies, and pasta) this is a one-skillet meal too:).

Ingredients:
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1-2 c (or more) diced yellow squash (or whatever veggies I have...broccoli, zucchini, peppers, onions, or even frozen veggies if I'm really in a bind)
  • 1 T minced garlic
  • Salt & Pepper
  •  1 c cooked, shredded chicken (I'll use leftover after I cook a whole chicken, cook a frozen chicken breast, or eliminate for a meatless meal)
  • 1-2 T balsamic or red wine vinegar
  • Pasta (leftover or make some; spaghetti, penne, whatever I have on hand)
Directions:

Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add the veggies, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until veggies are crisp-tender (varies depending on the veggie). Add the chicken (if already cooked, otherwise cook before the veggies), vinegar, and pasta and heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment