Monday, July 9, 2012

Quinoa with Garlic Spinach

This is a great throw together, quick meal, and many of the ingredients can be changed out according to what I have on hand.

Ingredients:

  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1/2 red onion (or other color onion)
  • 5-6 fresh tomatoes diced, or 1 can diced tomatoes (depending on what I need to use up/have on hand)
  • 1 heaping T minced garlic
  • 1 can or 2 cups chickpeas or white beans
  • 5-6 cups spinach (or more!)
  • 2 c cooked quinoa (or brown rice)

Heat the olive oil on med-high heat and add everything else. Simmer until everything smells good or longer. Then add LOTS of spinach (I usually fill my pan as full as I can and then add more when everything cooks down). Cover and turn heat to low. After the spinach has cooked down stir everything together and serve over quinoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment