Thursday, July 5, 2012

Preschool Pancakes

We eat these probably 3 mornings a week or more. I started making them when Austin started preschool and would not eat anything "filling" for breakfast...he just wanted a piece of toast every morning and I knew that would not keep him powered up. So I tweaked a German pancake recipe we had a bit and came up with this. I usually top each piece with coconut oil and give my kids a little pure maple syrup on the side to dip their's in. I usually eat my piece with a little coconut oil and fresh fruit.

Ingredients:

  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup milk (we use rice or coconut, but any should work)
  • 1 cup flour (usually whole wheat or spelt here which makes them more dense, so use white if you want them super fluffy)
  • 1-2 t salt

Mix everything together and pour into a greased baking pan. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Cut in pieces and top with whatever sounds good that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment